2020 PREMIERS’ VISIT TO WASHINGTON, D.C.
February 7-9, 2020
Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe, as Chair of the Council of the Federation, participated in the National Governors Association (NGA) Winter Meeting, alongside Ontario Premier Doug Ford, Québec Premier François Legault, New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs and Alberta Premier Jason Kenney. The 2020 NGA Winter Meeting took place in Washington, D.C. from February 7-10.
During the visit, Premiers participated in a number of events and meetings with U.S. political leaders, including:
- A discussion with U.S. Governors on infrastructure.
- A meeting with U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer.
- A media panel with POLITICO Pro Canada at the Wilson Center’s Canada Institute.
- A news conference at the Embassy of Canada.
- Numerous one-on-one meetings with U.S. Governors.
Premier Scott Moe, Saskatchewan – Chair
Premier François Legault, Québec – Vice-Chair
Premier Doug Ford, Ontario
Premier Blaine Higgs, New Brunswick
Premier Jason Kenney, Alberta
Working together to expand trade and further develop international relations is an important priority of Canada’s Premiers. Given that provinces and territories are an integral part of Canada’s presence, activities and public image on the global stage, Premiers advance Canada’s trade and global interests through their international activities, including through Council of the Federation missions and events abroad.